Thread: Postmortem
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 12:33 AM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
@FullofLove,

I don't think you are a bad person or that you didn't love Si. I think you are doing the best you can.

But I said what I wanted to say. And you can see why I didn't put in your blog.
I respect your opinions for sure. I feel empathy for my ex. It was and still is a lot to handle. Could my timing have been better? That is up for debate. I saw how things were going, and it was getting worse by the day. I am doing the best that I can, and it is not being accepted by anyone. Even those closest to me have urged me to reconsider. I am now the bad person for ending a relationship that was no longer healthy for either person involved. I did not just wake up and say, "To hell with this, I am doing what I want to be accepted by society." If that were the case, I would have made this decision ages ago when members of my family turned against me and my own mother voiced her disappointment in me. It was a series of recent events that lead to my final decision. Would I have preferred a different outcome? Absolutely. Even in the wake of the poly aftermath, people are still getting hurt. That is a horrible feeling. This alone is why I struggle with...was poly/being true to myself ever actually worth it, and if so, what was the cost?