Thread: BDsm
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenPorcupine View Post
I went to a munch last night that involved many people from FetLife. I've also said BDSM isn't exactly my thing so I was a little worried I'd be uncomfortable.

In fact, I almost have the opposite impression of what you're afraid of. There was almost NO discussion of BDSM or sex. I actually find it a little weird how compartmentalized it felt, honestly. Not weird in a bad sense but in a "that's odd, I'd have expected more".

I strongly invite you to check out a non-play munch (and they will be CLEARLY defined) if you're interested in exploring the BDSM community. I met a lot of really cool people last night, and even if I'm not looking for play and partners, mingling with folks who are in a niche community (a community none-the-less) and more sexually open was a very pleasant, tasteful and safe experience.
I had a similar experience at the first munch I went to hosted by local BDSM group last year. There was playfulness between those who knew each other for a long time but generally it was "subdued." That was the word long time members used to describe it in comparison to how the munches usually are. For subdued there was quite a few flashes of tat.

A lot of conversation about everyday things more so than BDSM.

Altogether, it was a fun experience.

The munches are meant to be welcoming and unpressurized to newcomers. The group we went to also has many other types of events including networking events with other NY BDSM groups, play events etc.

~Raven~

~Open up your mind and let me step inside.
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide. It's so easy.
When you know the rules.
It's so easy. All you have to do is fall in love.
Play the game.
Everybody play the game of love. Yeah...~