View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Official Greeter

Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner have an issue in their relationship. Coyote wants broasted road runner for lunch, whereas Road Runner simply wants to go "Beep! Beep!" They attempt to solve this difference of objectives in a number of ways, usually employing lots of ACME products, and not usually ending well for Coyote. We can all learn something from this kind of argument resolution.
  • Dropping pianos, anvils, and large appliances on your partner's head usually doesn't resolve the argument.
  • If you drop the piano, anvil, or large appliance, please say "Oops" or "You're welcome" as appropriate.
  • If you receive the piano, anvil, or large appliance, please say "I think I see your point now."
  • If you are a coyote, you should probably always wear a parachute (even though it will probably malfunction).
But Jane, your approach on arguments and disagreements seems to be at least as good as the one listed above, and so I would say carry on, keep refining that technique. If you don't have arguments often enough to have a smooth resolution process worked out, that's probably actually a good sign.