View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arius View Post
It seems to me that this kind of gender-specific jealousy is normal. [B]Does anyone know why?
I don't really believe in "normal." Nobody is quite "normal," everyone has something that makes them different. So if everyone is different, how does "normal" have any meaning?

Worse, I find that "normal" is often used to discriminate. People who are "normal" can justify looking down on people who are "abnormal."

Even worse, people will try to change who they are inside (rather an impossible task) to become this construct of "normal." It's sad.

However, I will agree that these jealous feelings are common, and that's probably all you meant. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you weren't using "normal" as an attempt to *ahem* normalize these feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirlInGray View Post
I wonder how much of your reaction is biological.
Damn, beat me to the punch. That's exactly what I was going to say. Biologically, men pose a threat to your ability to cause your mate to become impregnated with your offspring. Women do not pose this threat. It also explains why women, while still being prone to jealousy, are less likely to go into the jealous rages and possessiveness that come so easily to some men. A man can impregnate another woman without posing any barrier to his ability to impregnate his mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arius View Post
Eg. Sam fucked sally; sally was fucked by sam. Ernie gave it hard to Burt; Burt took it up the a**. etc.
I've heard plenty of Sallies say "I fucked Sam." In my grammar world, Sam cannot fuck Sally unless Sally fucks Sam back. Sam and Sally fucked each other. All night. *cue 80s wah-chicka-wah-wah*

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."