View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 PM

Thank you for all of your support here. You have been awesome!

We had a chat. We are taking it as it comes. I've already told my best friend. I needed to have someone to talk to. I'm going to a music festival this weekend where I'll probably mention it to the friends that'll be there. I feel as though I first need to chat with them about my thoughts on relationships.

I'm relatively new to the area. My friendships are now forming. They are more social circle friends. There is so much of myself that I already don't share with them. I've mentioned it in conversation, but they're really not interested in deep conversations about certain aspects of my life. This might be one of them. In fact, we don't really have deep conversations. It's really about what's happening this weekend, but these are the people that will see us out and about with different people.

On one hand, I'm beginning to not care what they think at all. On the other hand, I feel like it's a matter of principle. This position isn't based on any conversations that I've had with my boyfriend. It's just that the situation is forcing me to think about how deep these "friendships" are to begin with.

Funny how that works.

I REALLY want to find a group of friends here that I can socialize with AND have those deep conversations about life, money, spirituality, and relationships.