View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateToTheParty View Post

I was telling my wife the other night...I'm finding it ironic that while I thought the 'open' in open marriage meant more connections, more friends, more people...it actually feels a lot more like a scarlet letter so far. Frustrating.
being open to more connections also means taking more risks, and that means more chance of being disappointed, more chance of being turned down. It means more waiting for people to text you back, more uncertainties about what people think of you, it means being vulnerable and yes that means you could get hurt. The trick (and I haven't mastered it yet, but I've learned SO MUCH) is to not let that waiting, the uncertainty, the getting turned down, be the main thing. Treat it as something fun you're doing, have other things going, yes make other plans when she's not responding, make sure you have a great life.
Not only does that make the inevitable occasional disappointment easier to take, it also makes you a nicer person to be with, which will decrease your chances of disappointment.