View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 06:44 PM

Default Feelings.

I too think that I have the tendency to judge myself for having feelings, or to think that I need to experience them all on my own. I find that when I acknowledge and talk about those feelings that it's helpful all on its own - learning to find our voices and speak from our hearts makes us vulnerable, and to me, vulnerable is another word for powerful. There is deep, rich, undeniable power in being truly vulnerable to another human being; to knowing that you could lose it all, but still be able to express your true heart. It takes incredible courage and bravery to face up to the fact that we are not perfect, that we are needy, clingy and insecure, and to wear those emotions with as much awareness and consciousness as we do our happy, joyful ones. Sharing our darkness with someone else helps bring us closer to them, and we can rest easy knowing that we are living our genuine truth with another person. Kudos to you for asking for what you need, and coming to some pretty powerful realizations about the way you feel about feeling.