View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 05:18 AM

Default New to poly and have some questions

First a little about me/us. I am 30 yrs old and bi. I've been with my husband for almost 12 yrs and married almost 10 yrs. He is 32 yrs old and straight. we have been with other girls/couples before but it has never been a relationship. Its been more of a fwb thing. He started talking to this girl and really hit it off. not to long after that me and her started talking to each other and we get along so well. We are now in a poly triad. this is the first time we have ever been in a poly relationship. Its been kinda hard for me. i think its because i have been with him for so long and sharing is different. Sometimes i feel kinda left out. like last week she slept over and they would snuggle and i kinda felt alone. sometimes i wonder if they are getting closer and im kinda just there. they seem to talk alot more than me and her talk. am i being crazy or are these feelings normal? im thinking this is normal and things i just need to work through? my next question is how do you deal with people that do not support our life style? my family is very old school italian family and very against it. even though i really have not completely told them. but they keep telling me that its wrong, he is going to leave me for her, and im a embarrassment to the family. god that is hard to say/type. pretty much i am not talking to them about it and not involving them in our relationship with her. I've come to the conclusion that i am 30 yrs old and can no longer let them control me or my thoughts or feelings. Both of us are really falling in love with her and i refuse to let my family mess it up. The final question i have is children. How do you explain to kids if they start to question us. We have a 6 and 4 yr old and she has a 7 yr. I'm sure the 6 and 7 yr old will be asking questions soon so I am wondering how do you answer their questions. Sorry this is so long just lots of questions. thank you in advance for you advice