View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anya1991 View Post
I have become very distant and cold and some what mean, but with all reasons. its not that i want to be, its just that actions reciprocate responses and if they are negative they will bring negative.
You are responsible for your own behaviours. You are not a leaf in the wind, with no control over your path. You choose your reactions. Saying that you have reasons for being cold and mean is just a way to pass the blame for your own choices and behaviours.

Their negative behaviour may cause you negative feelings and thoughts, but you are still responsible for the way you respond to those feelings and thoughts. If you need to step away so that you can calm down and not be mean, then do it. Returning negative behaviour with negative behaviour only creates a viscous cycle in which no one accepts responsibility for their actions.

"A real relationship doesn't properly begin until the NRE burns away. That's when you have to start dealing with this person as an all-around human being, replete with irritating little habits. When disillusion sets in, love can begin."