View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 08:07 PM

An interesting turn of events.

Clay had told me earlier in the week that he was worried that Izzy -- the other partner who's had the biggest role in his life -- was feeling a bit depressed. I asked him if it was about him and me, he said it almost certainly wasn't.

For context, Izzy and he have been together for two and a half years. It's the longest-running relationship in which he's currently involved, I've seen lots of cute pictures of them together. She lives in our city, while his other partners each live at least an hour away. She has a couple of other partners aside from him, one of whom she lives with, but her relationship with Clay is also the longest-running one for her. She has a collar that she wears when she's with him, they consider her to be owned by him. It's clear that he cares about all of his partners, but the way he talks about her is special.

I knew he'd seen her mid-week, so yesterday I asked how she was.

He said that she'd been through a traumatic event relatively recently, and that it was weighing on her more. So much so, in fact, that she'd decided that she wasn't up to having recreational sex with anyone, and wasn't sure when she would be again. Their D/s dynamic was heavily focused around sex, so now that's in limbo. He intends to stay in her life, but perhaps as more of a support person than a traditional partner (well, as much as any of this is "traditional", you know what I mean). He doesn't know what they'll be to each other down the line, what they might re-build when she's ready to engage again.

Boy-howdy, can I relate. :/

He seems to be handling it healthily, though of course it's hard to tell exactly how someone's doing from text.

I want her to be well, I want them to be well, so the last thing I want to think is "mwaha, yes, I can take advantage of this." Seriously, no. Still, it's hard not to wonder if and how this may change what he and I could become to each other.

We're going to see each other for a few hours tonight, and then he's going to join me for a dance party. Gia, Eric, Dexter, and a number of our other friends will be there. I'm really excited about introducing him to my people. After the dance party, Gia, Dex, and I are planning to go back to my place for our second-ever threesome -- Clay knows and is totally cool with it. I'm feeling awesome about the way we're all handling the poly dynamics here.

And ZOMG, I can't wait to see him!!!!! Hehehehe, I mean, I'm excited about both things, but you KNOW someone is special to me when I'm more excited to see them than I am about a threesome.