View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 03:32 AM

For the record...while I agree with the "go slow, don't live together right away" advise that is given...

Nonetheless, sometimes the "jump in, feet first" approach actually does work out...I was practically living with MrS for 6 mos before I ever acknowledged that we were BF/GF and not just FWBs (I had a dorm room, he had an apartment...I stayed approximately 3 days out of those 6 mos at "my" place). We tease Dude about being a "U-Haul Lesbian" as he had practically moved in (he could still go back to his grandmother's house...but didn't) before we were even "together" (and moved in "officially" shortly after that). Maybe just a a back-up plan is enough insurance?

This may be a function of the particular brand of "introvert" that I am...and that MrS only gives his "stamp of approval" to notions that he is willing to go "all the way" with...and that Dude is a guy who takes "big bites"* out of life knowing that they could gloriously take off...or crash (he just needs to try and see what happens).

So, yes, in an ideal world people would have the option to take baby-steps... and some of us would still plunge right in.

JaneQ

“Take big bites. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love
Lotus: poly bi married female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe

Last edited by JaneQSmythe; 03-28-2013 at 03:38 AM.