View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 AM

Default Ethnographic Study in an Online Community

Hi, I am a college student working on an ethnographic project learning about a culture separate of my own. My class was asked to discover an online community and become involved. I've been lurking on the site trying to learn about the community it has. With your responses I will be writing a paper that only my professor will read. Part of why I chose this site is because of general curiosity. I have friends in an open relationship which I assume to be similar and the ability for people to be in polyamorous relation interests me. Although I am learning about a lifestyle from this site, for my project the goal is to learn about whether or not a community exists online and the opinions of members on the community and how they see and value it. If you have more questions for me feel free to ask. Here are a few question I have for members on this forum.
1. What motivated you to seek out a site like this, and what led you to join this particular site?
2. What do you gain from this community, do you even consider this forum to be an online community?
3. How do you value the people you talk to on here?
Kristen
You may reply in the thread or send me a private message. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.