View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Official Greeter

For what it's worth, I don't plan to abandon this thread, purpleboots. If you're still posting here, I'll still be posting here. Others may move on and that's their privelage. To be honest, a thread that runs nearly 150 posts long is a pretty well-populated thread. Not everyone wants (or has the time) to read that much material and respond to it, and sometimes that's the reason why it "fizzles out." But I'm willing to continue to help any way I can, as long as you want to keep the thread going, and who knows there may be others who continue to post as well.

Re (from SchrodingersCat):
Quote:
"It's great that the last two days have been better. But don't let your guard down. Use the fact that they can do it for a couple days show you and them that they are capable of it, and remind them that you expect that permanently. This is not to be a token measure, this is meant to be new behaviour. Call them on it every time their behaviour does not match the agreement."
I second that.

Re (from purpleboots):
Quote:
"If they are having a baby now, I am out. I have made that very clear and will stick to my guns on that one. I will not be their nanny and am not willing to coparent their child any time soon."
That's the spirit. Have limits of what you'll let them do without taking action of your own.