View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
6. When all else fails go to your Control Panel, look on the left hand side, locate the "Edit Ignore List" under the Settings & Options box, type the name into the provided space and press okay. Save and carry on.
See, that may work for some people, but I haven't done that yet on any of the online communities I have been on.

I tend to be a person, though, that will listen to all sides of a story, whether I agree with it or not - so I will listen to Olbermann and Limbaugh, even though I may be screaming at the radio/TV for some parts of them. I took time to read the Unabomber manifesto, and found that he had some very good points, in amongst the ranting.

Likewise when someone is just being an ass on a forum (and I have seen plenty) I don't stop listening to them - even the asses have one or two nuggets of true wisdom sometimes and I feel that by doing the Internet equivalent of sticking my fingers in my ears and going "la-la-la" I might miss out on something valuable. It doesn't matter to me whether I agree with it or not.

Maybe that's just me, though.

"Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf." - Native American Proverb