View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post

I respectfully disagree. The husband has had 5 years to deal with dryad's polyamory. When her relationship ended with Ben, he manipulated her into agreeing not to do that again. He did not try to accept her polyamory in the past, so why would he start now if he can get her to just stop behaving poly?
I am not certain why you chose my quote, since plenty of people agree on this thread that Liam in an added complication in an already upsetting and volatile situation. She has a crush on Liam but she is married to her husband, now to me, it makes no sense at all to risk her marriage for this crush that probably will not go anywhere, but you are of course within your rights to disagree, but frankly I don't ascribe to the 'Woe is me, I am a victim of my feelings' mentality anyway. She can stop it, she just doesn't want to.

She came on here looking for viewpoints and my viewpoints is not to rail road her husband in a put up or shut up sort of way, if she wants to work on her marriage, she needs to concentrate on the marriage, rather than creating NRE with Liam, which will, as any ful kno, make it near impossible for her to think clearly and back away then. She has to do it before things get too complicated.

At the end of the day my point is not about whether she can have a poly life or not, I actually agree with you that she did not deceive him and that he will have to accept it or they will have to split, but I don't think she will be able to do the job she is trying to do, effectively, with Liam floating in front of her eyes.

What does the OP want? Marriage or Liam, she won't have them both, not ethically.

Natja