View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:45 PM

I think polyamory can and cannot be a lifestyle choice. For me, it certainly isn't. Though I feel I have always been polyamory, I did choose to actually learn about who I was. But that choice didn't make it a lifestyle for me. I didn't choose the polyamory itself. It was always there, and I just embraced it.

But there are people who do consciously choose to "try it out". Some of them are put off it, and go back to their old ways of dealing with relationships, and some find the opposite effect.

So I can definitely understand what redpepper means by lifestylers.
All I can say, is good on them for trying out something new. I just hope they don't hurt other people trying it out. Making sure everyone is on board with it, before diving in.

I certainly don't agree with causing a shitstorm, though. Take it a step at a time, and if it becomes too much, take a step back, and see where you are, and where you want to be. There's no need to make unnecessary sacrifices, when it may cause others around you to suffer.
=]