View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
I have to admit... to me, "lifestyle" is just the one-word synonym of the phrase "way of life". So I'm having trouble understanding your explanation of why it's one without being the other.
I've always differentiated the two.

"Lifestyle" is something you do that is more or less a conscious choice and only affects one part of your life. For instance, swinging or collecting stamps; it's something you do and it does entail changing part of how you think but it isn't something that directly changes a large degree of your life.

A "way of life" is something that drastically changes the way you live to a large degree and influences the majority of your life. For instance, being vegan or poly; they're both something that entail major life adjustments in how you live and how you think.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."