Thread: Doom!
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 PM

I see that it frustrates you. It happens. I hope a vent helps you feel a bit better.

Quote:
I would prefer to tell people about that oncoming train toward which they are running headlong.
The telling? That is your behavior that you can control. And the how and when of the telling. So if you want to tell and share your POV, tell. That's what forums are for -- sharing things when you feel like giving input.

Quote:
I would like people to be able to hear the warning whistles.
That's another kettle of fish. People's ability to be open to receive? That's partly based on their willingness skills, perspective, ability, emotional state at the time, etc. Even if they listen, they could choose to do otherwise.

When I read doomy sounding things, I try to just accept it as it is. THIS is the situation at hand. I try to share my POV. Then let the person find their way in their situation at hand -- processing and arriving at their next choice for themselves. They are the ones living their life.

We are all free to choose. We are not free of the consequences of our choice. That is actually a truly wonderful thing!

As for the development of good judgement? People are people. They get themselves into Life, and then the struggles and problems of living their Life.

Quote:
"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." NIV
Quote:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Will Rogers
Quote:
"Just when you'd think they were more malignant than ever Hell could be, they could occasionally show more grace than Heaven ever dreamed of. Often the same individual was involved. It was this freewill thing, of course. It was a bugger. "

Good Omens, Terry Pratchett.
Life is wonderfully weird. Humor helps. It helps me, anyway.

Galagirl

Last edited by GalaGirl; 03-23-2013 at 01:03 AM.