View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeraReed View Post
I'm so glad to hear this! I've been concerned that you weren't getting what you really needed/wanted with Gia & Eric. (Not that you needed to get everything from one person, but you know what I mean.)

If things keep going well with Clay, I think things will go even better with Gia too, because the pressure on her will be less.

Keep us posted!
Thank you! Yeah, I've gotten enough from her, and from them, to make it very worth my while to stay engaged, but it's definitely been frustrating and difficult at times that it hasn't been more. I agree that things are likely to be smoother with Gia going forward.

Lovely thing about my relationship with Gia, actually -- a week and a half ago, she miscalculated how much of her anxiety medication she had left and ran out. She was out for a full week. It was an intense, emotional time for her. There are parts of herself that she misses when she's on the meds, and she had those back. She thought about staying off. I listened and provided gentle feedback without trying to push her either way on such a big, personal decision. I learned some things about her, it was a fascinating and delicate period that I just didn't have time to write about here.

At the end of the week, she decided to go back on the meds. Apparently she felt she'd learned something about me too, because she sent me a long message thanking me for my support and telling me how much she trusts me and how extraordinary that is. It was deeply gratifying to read. She has huge trust issues, and they've come up as a barrier between us before. Just as my life as a whole feels at a turning point, perhaps this particular relationship has reached a crucial turning point too.