View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 05:07 PM

Thanks for sharing this, I didn't know such a scale existed but it is actually something I've been thinking about.

I feel like it's important for me to recognize that people are at different stages of developement in their ego, self-awareness, or whathaveyou; and that depending on the stage they're in they may or may not make for good partners in autonomous-based relationships [insert whatever term you prefer there]. I don't say this from a place of superiority, i.e. I am more and you are less; but rather just from a place of trying to find acceptance of what I can expect from self and others who I might like to be in relationship with.

As far as how others react to the ideas of non-normative relationship structures well.. maybe it is more a matter of recognizing where they are at in their ego-journey and being able to take their judgements and criticism without responding with your own judgement and criticism, thereby not letting them diminish your sense of self and the ideals you are seeking to achieve.

I also found it interesting that she differentiated between guilt and shame, it had not yet occured to me to question the source of those feelings in myself.