Thread: Make No Scents!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Or buy her a nice bottle of perfume. Good stuff, not cheap crap.
That's an idea, I like it.
I wasn't really serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Because I've always considered those to be bullshit excuses.
Being polite and having compassion are bullshit? So you think it's always perfectly acceptable to blurt out any fucking opinion you've got without a care for a person's feelings? I am often very blunt but I always think about the impact (despite what some people believe) and whether expressing something is really worth it. Why did you ask how to say it if you don't care whether what you say is inconsiderate or not? Honestly, comments like that make me worried for society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
It's not bullshit to be tactful and kind. There is no reason to tell someone you smell weird to me and so I can't bang you, even if that is true. Brutal honesty is sometimes just brutal. Sometimes it is necessary. This is not one of those times.
Yeah, it just would be hurtful to tell someone you don't like their smell. Why do it? What would it accomplish? You just met her. You don't need to give a big explanation - just say you don't feel it's working out. That's not bullshit; it just isn't necessary to make her feel bad because you don't feel attracted to her body chemistry.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/

Last edited by nycindie; 03-20-2013 at 04:23 PM.