View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberRain View Post
My therapest has a good story about her husband. She used to say, 'why do you love me?' and he would say, 'Because I said so.'
I am SO stealing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
Isnt that at the heart of narcissism.

What kind of partnership/marriage is that? Which I guess is the base question Matt's having right now.

DO narcissists attract to one another? Does anyone know a couple in which both are narcissists?

And what kind of compromise can be can be reached if one spouse is always putting there need, wants, pleasure in front of their legally committed partner.
Is it? I don't know, I'm not a psychologist. I have a vague concept of what narcissism is, but I don't know the detailed ins-and-outs. I tried to Google it, but just found ways to avoid dating narcissists.

Maybe I'm a narcissist. I know I have high self-esteem, and it's hard to win "Most Outstanding Graduate in Physics" without feeling a bit "better than everyone else" at that one particular thing (i.e. being a good physics student)... I always put myself first, and I do believe that's necessary for anyone to do in order to have their needs met. You can't expect anyone else to. But does that make me a narcissist?

"Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. " -- Louis de Bernières