View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 AM

If anyone has any objections to it I'm all ears.

When I was young, I briefly converted to Satanism (of the fundamentally Christian type). This was partly due to seeing 'the garden of delights' by Hieronymus Bosch. It wasn't exactly idyllic but it looked far more fun than any depiction of heaven.

Anyway, we're past all that silliness and the new transition is this emergence from the free will bubble. So... what's next? Well even for those who fully agree that free will is a fallacy may still have a long way to go in fully accepting it and all its implications all the way to the bottom of ones subconscious. This is a pretty accurate description of myself I think. It's been over 2 years since I had my epiphany but I'm still prone to making nonsense egocentric thought processes. This emergence is an ongoing process. Any time I notice a glitch, I find the switch and flick it. It'll keep flicking back for a period but it's the same as any learning I think.

As for heaven, well... It may well be possible to create one, not just in the sense of a Utopian future but as an extension to that - an immortal simulation of one sort or another. I don't hold out much hope for our generation that we can be part of this (that's if it's even possible or likely to be achieved) but whatever's possible, we can be a generation to push humanity in the right direction.