View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolypoly View Post
Switchwitch, I'm sad about how disempowering this situation is for you. I don't know what else to say.
Actually, I've gotten to the point where I feel like I'm empowered to make healthy choices in my relationships- even if that can't be him right now, partially because of how things are with her, but partially because I think maybe he needs to get better at being assertive in a postive manner before he ends up being the pivot of a Vee, because even without this being a Relationship, he still is a people-pleaser and wants to make both of us happy, and he needs to be able to say "No, I do not want to go shopping at the craft store right after work, please let me take a vehicle and go home while you girls shop." It gets annoying when he gets all grumpy and resentful because he lacks the balls to stand up for himself.

Oh, and I've got my own apartment, I really don't need to even be here, I could say "Fuck you guys, I'm going home." and they could not stop me. No one else has the power to just leave.