View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
[B]
This is simply one of the most brilliant things I’ve ever heard or read. It speaks to something I think is just a plain truth.

In this particular context of addressing non-parents (and I would gladly remodel this for dozens of contexts…it’s that versatile), I would simply paraphrase it to say, who do you think understands the experiences and challenges of being a parent? You, or those who have time-in as parents?
Thank you II.
I think you summed up a lot of the feelings and frustrations in your.... lengthy article?

There are many parts of parenting my sister understands personally-as she's been by my side raising my children from the first day.
But there are many she can't, because those babies didn't come from her body and something that connects a mother to a child that comes from her womb. I don't know what it would be called-but it's there.
I don't have THAT connection with my stepson or my Godchildren. It's something you only have with a child borne of your body.

It does NOT negate or impact love for a child-ANYONE can have that deep abiding love for a child.
It's just something altogether different.