View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 06:27 PM

The connected pet peeve to this is that I do say what I mean, so freaking believe me when I say it!

If I tell you I don't mind if you have sex with my boyfriend, I really don't mind. I'm not hiding jealousy, I'm not "testing" you to see what you'll say, I really don't care. Additionally, I don't care if you never have sex with him. Whatever. It doesn't matter one way or the other to me.

If I say I'm fine, don't hound me for how I "really" feel, because I seem "off" or "distant." Seriously, I'm fine, the only thing bothering me is you constantly asking me how I am!

If I ask you to postpone a date, because it's been a long week at work and I'm exhausted and stressed and need to recharge, please don't jump to the conclusion that I'm breaking up with you and trying to avoid you or let you down easily. We'll do dinner tomorrow, I swear!

Moonlight tends to over-analyze everything I say and attribute agendas and emotions to me that aren't true. She's had some really crappy lovers in the past who have manipulated her badly, so I understand that it's kind of a survival mechanism for her. It's just frustrating to have every motive questioned when I'm such a straight-forward person.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 10-year-old son Kiddo