View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 PM

Malfunktions,
I do enjoy astrology and have actually been thinking a lot about the sign of Aquarius lately since I've recently gotten involved with a man who is not just Sun, but also Moon, Mars and Venus in Aquarius. I thought an Aquarius would be perfect for me since I am Leo rising, however, I am more challenged by this sign than I expected...

You can definitely find lots written on the internet that is of little or no value and perhaps, as was suggested, even just inflammatory reactions of someone dealing with a very specific situation. It is all just a jumping off point if you ask me.

I always like to consider both sides of the opposition when trying to understand any sign. For Aquarius, that is Leo. When I think of the Leo/Aquarius opposition I think of that old saying, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?" ... Leo is ruled by the Sun and represents our vital, creative energy. Our Ego and how we define ourselves as unique. Think of Leo as the performer on a stage and Aquarius as the audience. If a Leo takes to the stage and there is no audience to perform for is she still a performer? The traditional ruler of Aquarius was Saturn, which represents the structure and constriction of physical matter, time and space. So this polarity is about giving form to our individuality. With out the contrast of others, our individuality becomes meaningless.

Aquarius usually has many friends and I think this is because they enjoy the unique, vital energy of many individuals.

That is a jumping off point.

The quality of Aquarius that I've been pondering in regard to my friend, is the strong need for personal freedom and autonomy. Aquarius is said to seek groups and community to be part of and causes to fight for. This frees them from the constrictive structure of coupledom I think. Also, protecting the heart might be part of that endeavor as well. I think Aquarius seeks to maintain a level of emotional detachment because they feel the pull of emotions to be a restriction on their free will and autonomy. When they are at the mercy of love they no longer feel free to come and go with the freedom they please.

Everyone is more than their sun sign and every sign is multi-dimensional.
I would love to hear if any of what I've written resonates with you. I use astrology as a way to name the parts of myself and others, to find acceptance and to challenge my own habits and responses. Obviously, I could go on for a while. I will stop now.