View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM

Default What, how did this happen.

Ahhhhhhhh, so, this weekend it'd been a month since my formal split from Davis, so I went ahead and updated my OKC profile, not intending to do anything with it per se, just to update it. But then I happened to find a cute, smart, musically-inclined, queer kinky poly somewhat-genderqueer guy who's a ridiculously good match with me by OKC's algorithms. I messaged him, and now we have a coffee date next week, how did this happen, I don't go on dates with strangers, not ever, I just hook up with my friends or occasionally really cool people I meet at parties and sometimes it turns into a relationship, what even, dates with a stranger from the internet, what. He told me today that his partner was teasing him about being excited about the date, seems like a good sign.

We have, like, a dozen or so mutual acquaintances, as it turns out, which would've been frankly shocking if it weren't the case, this being a fairly small city with a tight-knit community of weirdos, so at least I'm not worried that he's going to put something in my coffee and ferry me away to axe-murder/rape me. Axe murder is a hard limit for me.

Mya, I feel like our lives are weirdly parallel. Not to jinx it, but I can only hope things work out as crazy well for me as they did for you.