View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondrops View Post
Because to be honest, we have a group of friends and they are all common friends, but erm...none of them would ever be interested in my boyfriend. I am 100% sure of it. And the reason is because they see him ONLY as a friend.
I can relate to that. I pretty much make up my mind within the first 5 minutes of meeting someone whether or not we could ever be friends or romantic. Once you're in the "friends box," that's it - your chances of getting in my pants are approximately equal to Planck's constant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQGreg View Post
Unfortunately, there's some widely practiced religions that teach we are accountable for our thoughts and desires. For example, I remember when I was a kid getting dragged to church every Sunday and having to recite the same prayer: "And I confess to the Lord our God and to you my brothers and sisters in my thoughts and in my words, in what I have done and what I have failed to do."
For every religious belief, there is another religion that believes the exact opposite. Literally. Everything from murder, rape, and pillaging to wearing mixed fibres is sanctioned by some religion, past or present.

If people choose to feel guilty for having dirty thoughts, it's none of my business. But that doesn't change the secular definition of cheating. Had you specified "my religion would see that as cheating" then I wouldn't have disagreed. I would simply have replied "Yeah, and?"

This is a secular, multicultural forum. That doesn't mean there aren't religious members, but it does mean that every comment is assumed to be secular unless otherwise specified. When otherwise specified, there's really no point in discussing it further. You have your beliefs, I have mine.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."