View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Banned

Constlady, I'm confused. Where have you been accused of being sex negative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
I don't see judgment or oppression in simply not wanting to be associated with an activity or approach to any lifestyle. I don't judge or oppress people who don't like to ride motorbikes. If I chose to go for a ride with other friends of mine who ride I am not discriminating or excluding the friends who don't. I'm not oppressing their ability to ride with me. The fact they don't have a license or bike is excluding them.
I'm not really sure how this relates to the discussion. Not liking a particular activity such as riding a motor bike doesn't get into how people fit or not fit into identity groups.

Quote:
Participating or defending sex positive things is not a requirement to being sex positive..simply accepting the healthy ideas of others is.
Nobody ever said that it was a requirement.

Quote:
All inclusive anything is a bullshit idea because every person is unique. There is no one thing in the universe that everyone will see the same. Some one will disagree with everything. They just need to sit back, shut the fuck up and live their life without hindering the lives of others...unless their doing something that is unhealthy...then others have a responsibility to correct that behavior...than we have a responsibility to judge.
I don't get this. Are you saying people should shut up if they disagree with something that's said on this forum? And only speak up if a person exhibits things that are unhealthy? By what standard?

I don't think there's such a thing as all inclusive. However there are philosophies that are inclusive in their underlying ideals. This isn't always a bad thing. For example this forum attempts to be inclusive of all sorts of different ways people practice polyamory. People disagree here all the time. I don't see how those disagreements hinder lives in this case (since it's a discussion forum).

However when people start putting out ideas that identities include certain people and exclude others, then you can bet the people who are being excluded are going to have something to say about it. Especially if the reason for such exclusion includes assumptions that may not be accurate or elements that are only peripherally related to the basic identity.