View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 01:47 AM

Being originally from NY I am rarely passive aggressive. I am almost always sincere and open about my feelings.

Unfortunately, because he was a great guy in many ways, I put up with my ex husband's passive aggressiveness way too long. He could also hold a grudge like nobodys business.

Here is a nice clear example. We'd bought a house, it was large, it badly needed painting. We both like the color green, we agree on a shade, I order and pick up the paint for the painters.

As soon as the first bucket of paint goes on, the h says, I don't like that shade of green. I never liked it.

The fact he'd told me he was fine with it didn't matter. Somehow he thought it was my fault we got that color, and he made me suffer for the next 8 years until it was time to paint again.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 61) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 39) since January 2009, living together since 2013
"Master," (mono, 36), miss pixi's Dom for 3 years