View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperskeptic View Post
This is on a different topic, but hear what George Carlin has to say at around 1:45 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiZSFIVFiU
Yeah I got this when my mother died. I don't want to talk about the specifics but it is VERY MUCH the reason this is a big deal to me.

All I want to say is, if you know you don't mean it, just don't fucking say it. Is that too much to ask? Srsly. Goddamn. I realize some people say shit and then realize after the fact that they can't deliver, but I have heard way too many people admit (such as in that other thread) that they knew damn well they didn't mean the shit they said and never expected to be taken up on it.

I just have a problem when people offer me help in my darkest moments and then say "oh but i didn't mean it i thought you knew that". These are people I've known my whole life. Just like the people in the other thread who have known each other most of their adult lives.

And quit being a brat just because they ran out of your favorite color lollipop at the bank drive-up window. (not really part of the original post, but something I often think when I'm reading other posts, and can't say because it's you know, impolite and shit).