View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post
That's what I'm trying to figure out with Matt. Did he just wake up and realize, "Uhh yeah. This ain't working, so something needs to be done." They were getting along just fine until like I said mid-end January. His attitude changed and there was a shift. Was there an under the table personality transplant? Each step has become even more puzzling than one before, it went from, "We're a triad," to "Poly's not for me," to "I don't want to be part of a poly family," to where we are now, which is, "I don't wish to acknowledge her existence or even take notice of her."
Yeah, that's the thing I was fascinated by a couple pages back where he was all "I invited her to stay for dinner assuming she would decline because I was only doing it to be nice" to "nothing get the message across like the police showing up". Then he was all, "no no I didn't mean it THAT way", but it seems like he really DID mean it "that way", but didn't want to say the words, instead says the exact opposite. How does one exist when the information they are supposed to use to make decisions is inaccurate? It's like that man-woman thing where the guy asks "what's wrong?" and the woman says "nothing", and the guy drops the subject, taking "nothing" as face-value and truthful, when the woman REALLY means that something IS wrong and wants the guy to ask more questions because she didn't MEAN "nothing", she just ASSUMED that the guy wouldn't stop asking at "nothing" because persistence shows that he really cares, or whatever. Of course, this is not a "man-woman/woman-man" thing, but I'm guessing that most people reading this have come across the "what's wrong? / nothing" Q&A at least once in their experience.

"Nothing" means "if you really love me, you'd prove it by second-guessing everything I say". Pfeh.

Quote:
Lol. That's hilarious about the pets. I would hope there would be signs leading up to that, and your respective spouses wouldn't be like, "Omg. That's it. I have to get out of here. I'm so over these cats being here. I just can't take it anymore!"
On the flip-side of that, my Other Partner is very much a cat-person, but doesn't like living with other people.