View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Well, happy belated anniversary to you all. I wish you all many more years of success.

It's such a tricky thing when dealing with human emotions and varying personalities. You're right. Sometimes people just wake up and it dawns on them that, "Wait a second. I never liked your perfume or cologne. I never liked your cooking. I never liked your mother. I dislike the color of your hair." You hope that never happens, but when it does, it's like what the hell is going on? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone having a glass of wine with Rod Serling and insanity is happening around me. That perfectly sums up how I feel right now!

I, too, have seen it happen to others, but I guess I never saw it coming our way. We've seen some of our best friends who had seemingly happy marriages, wake up one day and decide, "On second thought, I don't want to be married anymore." It's like a mid-life crisis of the head and the heart at the same time or a split personality that's deciding to pay a visit? I'm just wondering what makes people wake up and have entirely different desires, and what makes them realize that what they've been living with all this time isn't what they truly wanted ? Did something happen in a dream that felt like a premonition? It's special.

That's what I'm trying to figure out with Matt. Did he just wake up and realize, "Uhh yeah. This ain't working, so something needs to be done." They were getting along just fine until like I said mid-end January. His attitude changed and there was a shift. Was there an under the table personality transplant? Each step has become even more puzzling than one before, it went from, "We're a triad," to "Poly's not for me," to "I don't want to be part of a poly family," to where we are now, which is, "I don't wish to acknowledge her existence or even take notice of her."

Lol. That's hilarious about the pets. I would hope there would be signs leading up to that, and your respective spouses wouldn't be like, "Omg. That's it. I have to get out of here. I'm so over these cats being here. I just can't take it anymore!"
Ry - Me. Panromantic demisexual with a history of polyamorist tendencies. Married to...
Matt (Hubby) - The once distant stranger that I complement beautifully. DH of 13 years and father of our four children.

My Blog