View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
I know what you're saying but... do you give him the power to throw your friend out of your home when she hasn't really done anything TO him? This isn't someone you picked up off of Craig's List three months ago.

I have to tell you, what gets me about this thread really is the title. It combines a statement about something that applies to him and links it with a statement that declares ownership of you. You might want to point this out to your new therapist,, because it speaks volumes about how your husband views the fundamental basis of your relationship. You seem like a strong woman who does not take kindly to having others think for her. Unless there is some sort of D/s dynamic to your marriage, he has no business referring to you as a thing or a piece of property. YOU are the only one who can "share" you, and you should be the one who decided who you share with. Not after 12 years and pretty much the same length of relationship one of them gets to up and decide things have sucked all this time and the other relationship needs to stop.
I definitely get what you're saying. I don't think it's in an ownership type of thing. D/S marriage...no, it's not that kind of tea party. I know Matt doesn't view me as his property. What I took away from the quote, unquote "sharing" thing was in relation to the heart. Sometimes you have to break it down. When he spelled it out, it was like, "Ohhh. I get what you're saying."

I'm a strong woman and a firecracker. I'm the most sane one in this whole mess. I'm adding peacemaker to my resume.

I'm not giving Matt the right to do anything. For my own peace of mind and to keep the flames of hell from surrounding the outside of my home, I'm keeping them apart. I talked to our priest, and he gave me holy water. I'm very religious. I put some all over the house. I prayed for peace and tranquility. The one place I demand peace and quiet is in my house. I will not stand for them going toe to toe and arguing around our children. Take it elsewhere.

Today, I woke up with a brand new attitude and on something new. I'm not forcing them to be friends, get along, or anything. I have to maintain my own inner peace and tune out the outside issues. I'm a naturally happy person, and you know what, I'm going to stay that way.

My Blog