Thread: How good is it?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:20 PM

I think you have to take note of the fact that these forums tend to be a "foul-weather" type of friend. People look for resources when they are having problems and they need help resolving them. Once the problems are mitigated (or the relationship ends for one reason or another), people tend to disappear again -so, you typically only see the UN-sunny side of the street.

You may want to check out the Happy/Successful thread (I think there is a link in the Golden Nuggets thread) or read the blogs of some of the regular posters (i.e. some of the ones offering advice as opposed to those that are new and asking for advice). Those of us that are happy and contented tend to not post a whole lot of "All is good here, no worries, living life and loving it." posts day after day - we are just living it.

I was actually just saying to MrS the other day about how much I love my life. The only negative thing going on is that I haven't sold my old house yet so we have some financial plans on hold - nothing poly related. It feels, to me, like the last 18 months have been a very solid beginning to "Happily Ever After"...you know, where the drama is resolved and people just go on their merry way, enjoying themselves - the book is over because there isn't much to say of interest to anyone on the outside.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe