View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullofLove1052 View Post

I was reminded why Matt and I click so well. We put others before ourselves and run the risk of putting our happiness second. It's the downfall. You can lose sight of yourself in the process, and I think that's what happened. Putting my feelings and happiness before his own lead to resentment. Every so often, we need to stop and remember this: "My happiness is an extension of your happiness, and if you're not happy, then there's no way I can be fully happy."
I know what you're saying but... do you give him the power to throw your friend out of your home when she hasn't really done anything TO him? This isn't someone you picked up off of Craig's List three months ago.

I have to tell you, what gets me about this thread really is the title. It combines a statement about something that applies to him and links it with a statement that declares ownership of you. You might want to point this out to your new therapist,, because it speaks volumes about how your husband views the fundamental basis of your relationship. You seem like a strong woman who does not take kindly to having others think for her. Unless there is some sort of D/s dynamic to your marriage, he has no business referring to you as a thing or a piece of property. YOU are the only one who can "share" you, and you should be the one who decided who you share with. Not after 12 years and pretty much the same length of relationship one of them gets to up and decide things have sucked all this time and the other relationship needs to stop.