View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 05:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quath View Post
The basic idea she got from it was that polyamory people just want to have lots and lots of sex with lots of people. .

It seems to be a popular view. I met my first asexuals on this site. For some reason, I don't think it has to do with sex for them. I can't put my finger on it just yet, but give me time and I will figure out why.

I just spoke to another mono about it, and she seemed to think that it was just an excuse to cheat. For some I suppose that is what they get out of it. Many mono people are not prepared for the honesty required, so cheating is their only excuse to advocate poly, and simply another way to hide or excuse their cheating behaviors. I have heard so many cheating stories over the last few years that I just get sick of it. I will never see poly as an excuse, but I do see it as a way out of the stigma, and a way into a very honest and trusting relationship.

I only have a mono relationship at this time. I love my wife. God rest her soul. Tina passed in 2004. I am looking for a second.

Thanks for quick book review. I won't be recommending it.

Last edited by alphafour; 06-12-2009 at 05:20 AM.