View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperskeptic View Post
And I'm pretty sure I'm not Father of the Year, either.

I want to be careful not to be too hard on Vix in this. I told this story from my point of view, and probably left things out.

Suffice it to say she and I both need to improve our communication and, yes, I need to adjust my expectations.

I've been doing a lot of that kind of adjusting recently, and it's getting awfully chilly around here.
While it's admirable to not want to heap all the blame on your wife, the fact remains, you have a legal obligation, and she is essentially forcing you to choose between being a responsible parent and honoring your legal obligations. And for what? To go to an 'event' with her boyfriend.

The fact remains, she seems, from what you write here, to be making it clear she will do exactly as she pleases with little concern for your feelings, obligations, or wishes, or for her own children.

To my mind, the only question here is, what are the pros and cons of ending this marriage? From where I'm sitting, it doesn't look like a marriage. Are you reaping any benefits from continuing the legal aspect of marriage? Are your children?