View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
"Calling out" is the phrase that is most often used in multiple communities I've participated in when something is said by someone that creates ripples in others that the original person may not perceive. It has nothing to do with gunfights in my cultural background.
Interesting...I've not seen it used that way before.

Quote:
To call something out is to bring the issue out into the open so that everyone involved can better understand what happened. I also like to have my ideas challenged and examined. They are worth more to me if they've been examined that way. If it annoys you, then feel free to ignore me.
All fair enough.

Quote:
I find it interesting that you previously mention that I should consider that how I phrase something can raise other people's hackles and speak to how it's my choice to have my hackles raised in this situation. So I'm confused as to which advice should be followed when and by whom. I'm honestly ok with either situation. I explained how what you said was insulting to me, you explained that's not what you meant and we could probably go back and forth about it, but frankly, I don't find it worth my time to do so.
Also fair enough. Both parts of advice can be followed often by everyone. (edit: that is both figuring out what might trigger others to avoid misunderstandings, and to not be triggered)

Quote:
I have never spoken to the experiences and challenges of being a parent. I've merely spoken to the effect that certain choices have on other people, despite the fact that they are probably valid choices being made as a parent. I have never said that they should or shouldn't make those choices or presumed to say or know what is best for them.
I know. The only thing I was trying to communicate was a better understanding of parents, and why sometimes leaps into misunderstandings that defy logic happen.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?

Last edited by ImaginaryIllusion; 01-06-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Formating & addendum