Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat
That misses the point entirely. The viewpoint BG and I are speaking of is not remotely "I deserve, so I must receive." It's "I'm responsible for making changes to my life and not relying on another person to make me happy."
When I've found love, it's never been because I was sitting around waiting for the universe to drop love in my lap. It's happened only when I've realized that I have to make my own happiness, and that I can't rely on another person to fill the voids in my life - I need to fill them myself.
Strangely, despite the fact that your intention is to disagree, your first paragraph actually agrees with everything I said. I'm responsible for getting what I want in life, so I go and get it.
However if we could stick to the facts and not make a ton of assumptions, that would be nice (or before making assumptions, at least ask questions). At no point did I say any of the following:
- I am not happy and I am wanting someone else to make me happy
- There is a 'void' in my life
- Online dating sites are the only way I meet women
- I have no other interests beyond meeting people online
- In the interests I do have, the only reason I do them is to meet women, rather than because I enjoy the interest itself
The online dating is just a side addition to normal life, guys. Another tool for meeting people. That's all it is.
Now if we could all get back to the actual point of the thread, that would be tickety-boo.