View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Clearly I have some self worth / self confidence issues.
Could work on finishing up the old stuff before starting new stuff.

Quote:
It could be easy to say. Polyamory is not for everyone and it's clearly not for you. My goal is not specifically to become poly or not. It's to grow as a person and better understand others while working through some of my fears.
Could focus on what you want, rather than what you do not want. So that can be reframed as....

Quote:
My goal is to grow as a person and better understand others while working through some of my fears. (Being in a polyamorous relationship is optional.)
So how about making more friends and working on your interpersonal relationship skills? Your confidence?

If you want better self worth/self esteem, could practice self respecting behavior while you go do esteemable things. A project, a job, something you can take pride in and value your effort in. Be authentic and honest in your existing relationships so you can be proud of how you relate to your people.

You identified a long list of things that bother you. How about going back over it with some answers for you plan to address the things that concern you then? And put them in the order of "doability" -- because sometimes knocking a few off the list helps. Then you could not feel as overwhelmed with it all.

Galagirl

Last edited by GalaGirl; 03-02-2013 at 05:51 PM.