View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:39 AM

Default Spilling the poly secret to your best friend

So, I've been very best friends with LT since I was 16 or so. We had babies together, both married our high school sweethearts, and have grown as adults together. I still see her 4-5 times a year since we have moved to diff areas of the country.

Here's my dilemma. I haven't told her about my 4 month relationship with my gf MD. I have told her that my husband, FJ, and I have discussed the possibility of me fooling around with a girl on the side. She knows I am bi. We have very candid and frank convos about all types of sex and our own sex lives. But when I told her the FJ didn't mind the idea of me and another girl she couldn't wrap her head around it. Doesn't understand how he could be ok with me "dividing" my love and attention. I have felt judged by her at times, although it usually is nothing-just her protectiveness over me.

I have to tell her about this part of my life. I know she'll be hurt I haven't told her for so long, and I'm afraid of the fall out. Any suggestions of what to say? She is a very thorough questioner, so ill be bombarded with a million questions.

Ack!
Currently dating SM, male, 40, monogamous