View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 PM

Update time.

Ive been having a variety of lovely dates with Moonlight - a fancy dinner for Valentine's Day, dinner and a Marvin Hamlisch tribute concert at the Seattle Symphony, overnights and etc. Things are really good there, although we don't get together enough to suit her, and I feel bad about that. I don't know how some of y'all balance so many relationships! I've reached polysaturation with just two!

Fly and I have been a little up and down. I still feel like he takes me for granted, and have really been struggling to define what that means when he and I talk. He knows I love him ridiculously, and have put a lot of commitment into our relationship, so I feel like he doesn't think he needs to work very hard to "keep" me.

He's been a little stressed out because Notes has really been treating him like a boyfriend rather than a FWB, and he's pulling back from her. I know he enjoys the physical interactions, but the romantic dependence makes him uneasy. I think his excitement over the connection and finally getting to fulfill 10 years of sexual tension made it easy for him to gloss over and dismiss the complications of the situation. I've been trying to be supportive, but he's so private about his relationships that it's difficult. Plus, even though I haven't said "I told you so," we both know that I brought up all these elements at the beginning of the relationship, and to some extent he blew them off. Now that they've come around to bite him in the ass, there's some bruised pride.

In happy news, I've reconnected with Punk, my former FWB. We haven't seen each other since last June, and texting has been sparse. However, we texted quite a bit last week, and he asked if we could hang out at his house. Upon hearing that Moonlight has requested that I not have sex with other people, he then suggested we meet for coffee so we can catch up in a neutral place. I'm so excited to reconnect with him, but it is going to be soooooo hard not to break boundaries. He's the best make-out partner I've ever had. However, I am glad that he's interested in sustaining a friendship, even though sex is off the table for now, and perhaps indefinitely.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy), and his 9-year-old son Kiddo