View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
You seem to presume that because we are fighting against being labeled as something we aren't-that we aren't fighting for anyone-including ourselves. But that is a HUGE (and incorrect) assumption to make, especially when we've said otherwise.
I don't think that is the issue. The issue is when people start saying "I don't want to share a label with those people (whoever those people may be) because I don't want what I do to be in any way associated with what they do." In this conversation, those people happen to be regular people who have a different way of practicing their polyamory and who are dealing with lots of prejudice about it from outside and now apparently from inside poly communities. The choice to do that is certainly a valid choice, especially if you're reasons are to protect your rights and family, but it doesn't change the experience of prejudice that is created by such a choice. This is being addressed from the experience of that prejudice, not from some moral high horse of activism.