View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
It seems to me that somewhat of a division is forming here which if you think about it, is detrimental to what the commonalities are that are shared.
Being a veteran of a few campaigns of activism myself I would only like to remind everyone that all the soldiers are equally important and have a role to play.
We need the bold and brave, willing and capable of standing on the front line and taking the hits. Making all the noise. Creating important distractions. But no less do we need those in a position to "walk softly and carry a big stick". To operate quietly from the inside, pulling out the supporting pins and planting the timed charges.
For the two different groups to be belittling each other, potentially affecting unity, only comes from a place of ego.
Everyone remember we're all on the same team and encourage each other to do all they can when they can. All efforts in the long run are equally important.

GS
Thanks GS. I was trying to get that concept across last night when I was posting about the fact that it's enough for a parent to put their time into raising a child to support the battle and when that child is safely grown they can go on to be the "front lines men" as well can those children.

But you said it MUCH MUCH more succinctly than I could.