View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:26 PM

Being empathic can be troublesome as much as helpful. I recognize that I am connected to the world. But that is a thought. A rationale. I also feel that connection. I cannot ignore it. It helps me relate to others and it motivates me in being and bringing the change I'd like to see in the world.

It's a double edged sword.

The level of emotional involvement and depth I allow myself to slip into can be detrimental.

I mean it's high times when I am obsessed with something frivolous like LoTR, watching it with friends who were equally crazed about it. Freaking half the crowd out, usually guys, with homo-erotic references to Sam and Frodo (even TBS saw it). There is nothing like being with a group of people who are all into The L Word or Doctor Who.

But then someone may be experiencing a rough time in their lives and I may be drawn in, inexplicably taking on their problem as my own. Their hurt. The closer they are to me the worse it can be. The only thing is that people may react differently to the same stimuli. When we react differently clashes can occur. It took not a small amount of effort and time to shield myself from that sort of experience. Knowing the difference between mine and theirs and stepping back. Knowing when to be an ear and a shoulder and knowing when that cannot be done either. There are those I care deeply for (annoyingly) but I have to keep my distance because there's a weakness in the armor there. There are aspects of their lives I'd rather not be privy too because emotional boundaries get blurry. An example would be in regards to a long time friend and self-destructive tendencies.

My emotions run high and hot. I am slow to trust but once trust is given, I love well. Once betrayed, trust is not given again without a price being paid for damages done.

EDIT: I love passionate people. When there is a match, ardor for ardor, it is amazing. It is like being in a morgue when you're excited about something and everyone else is lukewarm. "Yeah, that's nice." And you're reaction is "Yeah?? That's NICE? Is that all you can say?" Yeah no, those are boooring people.

~Raven~

~Open up your mind and let me step inside.
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide. It's so easy.
When you know the rules.
It's so easy. All you have to do is fall in love.
Play the game.
Everybody play the game of love. Yeah...~

Last edited by Ravenesque; 01-05-2010 at 07:30 PM.