View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleilselene View Post
I get insurance next month and that will be my first stop. I tested positive for HPV about 7 years ago, and that has been it. Recently my partner's wife tested positive for HPV and everyone is getting paranoid about everything.

I told my other two partners about it and one was very chill, telling me that 80% of people get it, that it usually clears on its own and blah blah blah. What I already knew.
It sounds like he may be getting HPV (causes genital warts, cervical cancer, etc) confused with HSV (herpes). Either way, this is not something to ignore. Personally, saying "everyone is getting paranoid" sounds like you are being dismissive of something that could be a serious health concern. What about doing some research on the most common stds and then sit down with your partners and discuss everything. That way one person isn't dismissing or being overly paranoid over something due to ignorance, you can all be on the same page.

Check with your doctors offices and free clinics about how much they charge for the testing (cash price and with your specific insurance). Not all insurance plans cover std testing or might only cover specific ones. Like LR said a "standard" std tests will not test for everything, you may have to be specific.