View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 04:51 PM

Yes, I can relate to this. I'm slow to let others in but when I do, I don't love half-heartedly. Nor do I feel any emotion halfway. And I think I frighten some people in a way.

Tech is like me in that he doesn't let others in easily. Not like me in that he shows emtions much at all. And he doesn't love (or at least show love) in a way I'm used to. Which has been a big hurdle for me. I've thought he doesn't love me. He does. It has taken me a while to "get" that just because it isn't as openly shown or even spoken as I'm used to does not mean it isn't there.

However, my biggest hurdle was realizing he doesn't HAVE to love me the way I want him to. I had to decide if I could accept the way he does love me. Even if it wasn't as much as I love him. Was that something I could live with? Was I going to be able to relate to how he does love me without smothering him and constantly wanting more? Obviously, I've decided that yes I find that possible. Not having him in my life was a worse concept that not being to him what he is to me. I do feel that I'm everything to him that he feels is possible given our situation.

Kitten avoids confrontation with me. I'm told she doesn't know how to handle it. I'm rarely out of control in those regards. I watch myself because I know that I have a temper. Yet, I do hold people accountable and ask "the hard questions". Ones that people do not like to answer. She avoids that.

I hold myself back at times because not everyone is as passionate as I am and they just don't know how to deal with things the way I do.

That's my personality. While I do not consider it a flaw, I do realize it isn't to everyone's liking and try to take that into consideration.