Thread: Polywog.
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 AM

So my friend M texted me today all excited because he found a poly meeting group in our area. I'm stoked! We live in a fairly small place, so I didn't think that there would be any meet-ups nearby, and didn't even check. How silly of me, I know.

Turns out that Franklin from Xeromag happens to attend that meeting, too! So not only do we have a poly support group that meets up very close to where we attend our University, it happens to also be a well-stocked group with intelligent, semi-famous poly people. Sweet deal.

Meetings are the first Monday of every month, so I'll have to wait until Feb 1 to attend, but it's on my calendar for sure! He wanted to check it out and see that it was worth going to before telling me about it, so I didn't get know about it to go tonight. Oh well. Too bad my fiance (husband in 11 days!) works Monday nights so he can't come too. Boo.

I'm excited! I think that meeting up with other like-minded people will be nice. Most of my nearest and dearest do know about our decision, but it's still a bit fresh to be able to talk freely about, and there are a few who still don't know. So we still have to bite our tongues about it sometimes. :/

I was talking to S a few days ago, and he casually mentioned meeting my parents one day way in the future. I know that this shouldn't have surprised me, but it sortof did. Not like completely shocked, just like an epiphany, like an "oh yeah, that'll probably happen, huh?" I think I've mentioned before that there is a substantial age difference between my S and I; he's 34 years older than me. It's a bit shocking to see that number, haha. He doesn't act like it, think like it, talk like it, or feel like it, but that's how much older he is. I don't care and neither does he, to us it's just a number. But I know that my parents would be more than a little bit shocked, and I think it would also probably hinder their willingness to accept us as poly if they can't get over that hump either.

It's not that I don't want him to meet them, if that time comes... I'm just a little scared about how they'll react. My dad's not the most open-minded guy, and having his daughter be in another relationship outside of her marriage, with a man 8 years older than himself... sheesh.

Anyway, I got on here to write a quick note, and got carried away. So good night everyone!

Don't try to tell me who you are; tell me who you love.

The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done, we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change. So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger, but in wisdom, understanding and love.
-- Jennifer Edwards